Friday, June 13, 2014

Introductions...

Hey guys! This is my first entry for my new travel blog.  I have started this virtual diary to document and share my traveling experiences this summer. The first trip I am taking leaves in under 5 DAYS!  I have been out of commission for the past week, because of emergency oral surgery to have my wisdom teeth removed (yuck, right?)  I am chaperoning for the school I work for, Rudd Middle School.  We are staying 11 days and will be touring the fancy booted country from bottom to top.  I have never traveled out of the country, so I am very nervous, but so excited! I still cannot believe I get to go...


The next reason I began this blog was to document my time in Santa Fe, New Mexico this July.  I have been eyeing travel with Crizmac for a few years now.  Every time I opened an email from School Arts, I would see their ad in the back of the magazine and would daydream about professional development in the sunny pueblos of the desert.  This year I applied for a grant through Fund for Teachers, which is distributed in Alabama through Alabama Public Television.  I am beyond thrilled to venture across country to work hands on with folk artists from around the world at the International Folk Artists Market.  At the end of the workshop sessions, I will be traveling to Taos to stay in an earthship.  For those of you wondering what an Earthship is, you should definitely look it up!  I cannot wait! 


I plan to update this site as often as possible, with as many photos, videos, and information as I can.  Please feel free to share my blog with anyone you feel might be interested in reading! Please leave any comments or questions you may have on my entries!


Happy summer,

Casey Williamson 

No comments:

Post a Comment