Saturday, July 5, 2014

Day 1 integrale

Ok, after some rest I am ready to continue about my trip to Italy and how it truly was amazing. To finish up about our first day in Rome, I have photos of our first hotel room.  The shutters didn't open, so we couldn't actually see Rome at night (bummer) and it took an act of congress to get the air to work.  However, it was nice to lie down, even if the bed's softness was equivalent to a concrete slab.  I was grateful for rest, even if it didn't come easily that night.


Of course one of the main topics of discussion for the next few days were the bidets in our bathrooms.  Europeans love their bidets.  The kids were betting each other who would try theirs.  But I mean come on.  When in Rome, right?!?!


Another thing about some hotels in Italy, they do have a flair for fancy room keys. 


Breakfast the next morning was hard for me, because my stomach was not happy to be in a new place.  However, after eating a little something, I ventured out onto the open seating in the restaurant on the top floor of our hotel.  THIS was the first wide view I had of Rome.  What a lovely and exhilarating view it was...








No comments:

Post a Comment